Sunday 26 June 2011

Wedding Flowers and BroochBouquets,

So it is Sunday afternoon and i have come in from the heatwave in fear of coming down with sun stroke. I am not sure where all of you are today but i hope the weather is as glorious there as it is here. I have been super super busy over the past week, not as much with wedding stuff but just general gallivanting. I went to see Glee on Thursday night with one of my bridesmaids and they were fantastic. I am aware that not everyone out there loves Glee as much as me, so i will leave the Glee review there. So i had Glee on Thursday, Manchester shopping Friday, Work on Saturday and have had a lovely Sunday in the sun with the odd bit of shopping here and there with the hubby to be.

Since i got engaged in September last year, i have lost 3 an a half stone, and finally bought a pair of linen pants in a size 14. I genuinely do not think i was even born a size 14, so i am over the moon with my new purchase. Wouldn't mind getting down to a 12 for the wedding. I have another 9 months, so do not think that will be much of a problem. I am feeling so good about myself, i wish i had dieted sooner.

Back to the matter at hand, my wedding flowers. The fiance and i went to some consultations a few weeks back and priced up the bridesmaids flowers. We need 4 bouquets and 15 buttonholes. The button holes came as bit of a surprise as i thought we only need to supply button holes to the direct bridal party, as in grooms men and my brother who will be walking me down the isle. My mother dropped the bombshell that in fact all the parents and grandparents needs buttonholes to, and since Craig has both sets of grandparents alive and two sets of parents, it slowly kreeped up on us.

We thought it would be cheaper to get silk artificial flowers and since Craig and all of his family have hay fever, i assumed, artificial would be the logical alternative. Craig has a serious thing about having real flowers at the wedding and since this is the one thing he seems quite interested in, we decided to price up both. As it turns out, the fresh flowers were cheaper so the Groom to be, got his own way. There are some lovely designs around and we have priced a few different suppliers but they all came in at similar prices. How am i to decide a) which bouquets to choose and b) which florists to create them. Take a look at the fabulous designs below and let me know your thoughts:







In case you are wondering why i haven't discussed my own bouquet, that is because i have decided to make my own in the form of a brooch bouquet. I first came across a brooch bouquet in a bridal magazine when we first got engaged in September. I researched them for months and they all come in between £250 and £800. The most reasonable are about £400 which is way out of our budget. I talked myself out of the idea with a lot of help from my fiance until i came across some DIY Brooch bouquet websites which explain in detail how to make your own. At first i thought, this is going to be easy and my mother and i began collecting lots of second hand brooches from ebay and charity shops. I got some beautiful pieces and decided to have a go at putting it together. I believe it is trial and error, and I'm not going to lie, the first three attempts have been terrible and they do not look near as good as i had hoped. It has made me realize that i need continue with my brooch collections and find some much bigger pieces as i had bought lots of smaller ones. I think i have got the structure down to a tee, i just need to keep collecting the brooches to fill it out. Lets see how things go in the next couple of months. Iv put some of my favorite brooch bouquets which i am trying to use as inspiration below for you all. Have any of you guys made your own bouquet? Have you come across the issues i have or did it go smoothly from day one? I'd love to hear your thoughts, maybe i should give up and order a proper bouquet :)







It didn't take me as long to write this blog as it had the previous one last week. Possibly because the hubby to be has the F1 one and has been doing the house work on my behalf. Iv got a got a good one here :) Since he has just done the brews and plonked a Krispy Creme donut in front of me, i better call it a day, it would be rude to leave it to melt in the sun.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment