Friday 10 June 2011

Birthdays and Weddings

It has been a while since my first post and people must wonder how active i am with my wedding planning. Well since the last post i have chosen my bridesmaid dresses, which then gave me my color scheme and have been looking for cakes, stationary and flowers. It was my birthday yesterday, the big 24 :) and i spent the day looking at peacock feathers and shabby chic decorations. It was bound to happen, but i had a lovely day all the same and i feel like everything is coming together nicely. It seems so close.


So, the colour scheme is teal, but not an ordinary teal though, oh no, it is a teal that apparently does not match any other color of teal. Hears the story...... I went shopping with my four bridesmaid at Christmas. We tried on different styles of dresses so i could decide whether each bridesmaid would have the same one or they all had their own style. I didnt want the traditional bridesmaid dresses, which often cost double than what you can find on the high street. I wanted something they could wear again. So 4 hours later, we were back in monsoon which was the first shop we entered trying on the sames dresses again. I had fell in love with beautiful greeny colored maxi dress/ball gown which was the first dress the girls tried on when we arrived. I did not want to be hasty, so i took some photos and carried on looking. Sooooooo i wandered into the monsoon sale this week and guess what dresses were half price? You guessed it, my greeny maxi dress/ball gown. Down from £180 to £60. Well.... that was it, straight to the till, bout 8 dresses for 4 bridesmaids in different sizes to make sure they fit still and will return the other 4 next week.

Once i brought the dresses home, my mother loved them but made several points that the color will be difficult to match. I agree but they are so gorgeous i don't care.

Due to the fact i have purchased the bridesmaids dresses i went to visit a lovely lady who supplies chair sashes for the venue. Dress in tow, we were right about matching the colors. It is going to be very difficult. Anyway when i went to see this lady, she pointed out that peacock feathers would look lovely with my dresses, and boy do they. So guess what..... peacocks are now my theme and i have been searching for fabulous ideas, especially for cakes and stationary. I have seen these moodboard which are amazing for bringing things together, im going to create my own when i find the time.....




I adore the peacock name place holders and the peacock feathers down the backs of the chair sashes. Now..... i love the lady who suggested this and she was such a great help in getting ideas and seeing how we can put them together, but she is sooo expensive. The chair sashes are not too bad at £1.25 per chair, which i think is pretty reasonable, most others i looked at were £1.50 and although it is only 25p different, it all adds up. So she priced the peacock feathers at £1.50 per feather, and i will need 140, as i am going to have them on each chair and in the napkins. So i jumped on ebay.... on my birthday and managed to get 180 for £30, that's less than 20p a feather!!!!!! Dont get me wrong, i feel bad that she gave us the idea and we have sourced it ourselves, but i am sure she gets that a lot. At the end of the day weddings are expensive and if you can save money, then do it, i am sure she will understand.

Right, i need to get of, my fiance is taking me for a lovely meal in my favorite restaurant tonight so i need to go get my glad rags on. I shall leave you with some beautiful cakes i have come across this week. I must say, they are stunning, but i think might look a bit ott with everything else we are planning. Would be a nice idea but might need some a bit more simple.... its good viewing though.



Please let me know your thoughts on them and if anyone knows what the prices are likely to be. Ill be looking into cake costs end of next week, might soften the blow a bit :)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend....


No comments:

Post a Comment